I love the preface. It's written by her friend Lillian Stewart Carl and is all about Lois' early years - writing, friends, TV. Well worth the read.
I didn't read the essays, only the short stories and have reviewed them. The average is 3.5 stars. Better than I thought it would be.
1. The Adventure of the Lady of the Embankment. This author did a great job of writing in Arthur Conan Doyle's voice. The story was good too. ****
2. Barter - Harried housewife gets a quick fix. Cute story. ***
3. Garage Sale. Someone had a shitty neighbor I see. **1/2
4. The Hole Truth. One man's trash is another man's trash. **1/2
5. Dreamweaver's Dilemma. Interesting story about VR in the future and it may do. ***1/2
6. Mountains of Mourning. I read this before. Sad story about ignorance and prejudice. ****