Hotter Than Hell - Heidi Betts, Tanya Huff, Linda Winstead Jones, Keri Arthur, Carrie Vaughn, Susan Sizemore, Denise Little, Susan Krinard, L.A. Banks, Cheyenne McCray, Marjorie M. Liu, Lilith Saintcrow This is a 12 story anthology, so I'll write my reviews of the stories as I go.

Music Hath Charms by Tanya Huff, cute story. I like this story because unlike most of these with them finding true love at the end, it's true lust. This was twin sirens who are about to be enslaved but a woman who wants to go into business with them saves them. I think this is the first story I have read of hers and it was enjoyable enough that I'll read some more. I do have her book Sing the Four Quarters as a challenge book, so I'm a little more interested now in reading something else of hers.

Minotaur in Stone by Marjorie M. Liu. Very good story. It's a little sad but I love the way the couple comes together. He's being kept in a mythological place and they find each other through dreams and magic. I remember another story where the girl has to hang on to an ever changing man in order to save him but for the life of me can't remember the name. The same thing happens here. The ending is not a true HEA, more that there's the possibility of a HEA. I've enjoyed Margorie Liu's books so far. I will keep reading this author.

Demon Lover by Cheyenne McCray was sappy. I've read two other Cheyenne McCray books and what's so awful is that this is the best I've read by her. Incubus finds true love by observing a woman and then she saves him from torture.

Equinox by L.A. Banks was awful. I couldn't even finish it. I got to about 10 pages and then had to give it up because all my eye rolling was making me dizzy and a little nauseous. This is my first story by this author (I think unless there was another short story in an anthology before I started keeping track). I have one of her books Minion and now I'm scared to read it.

Ride a Dark Horse by Susan Krinard. Now this one - hmmm. . . We have a man who is cursed to be a horse and meets the distant relative of the woman who cursed him, that was really his wife. He kisses her when she's asleep and then when she starts to wake up, out comes his "peter". She's like, "Hey, wait a minute", he's offended. Then an old woman calls Catalina a witch and tells her to stay away from the horse and that's the last we hear from her. I know it's a short story, but it seemed so disjointed. Better than the two previous stories but not by much. This is another author where I have a few of her books which I haven't read yet. I'll be moving her lower in my TBR stack.

To Die For by Keri Arthur. Werewolf/shifter story. If you're familiar with her Riley Jenson series you know that the werewolves have multiple sexual partners and the shifters a lot less. So that's how this story starts. They work for an investigation company and are trying to work and work with the feelings they have for each other. Throw in a couple of vampires (blood and energy) and it made the story exciting. Sweet ending. I like this story.

Curse of the Dragon's Tears by Heidi Betts was a really good story. Cursed highlander meets ancestor of the gypsy who cursed him who just happened to be having wonderful dreams about him. I liked this story enough that I've requested a few of her books from the library to see if they're just as good.

Brother's Keeper by Lilith Saintcrow. Nikolai and Selene. I felt like there's about 200 pages missing. Her brother gets killed and when she afraid or angry or sad her succubus type "need" takes over. Nikolai is a vampire that is watching over her and can take nourishment from the blood or sex. So he helps her out the whole time she says I hate you, I need you, I hate you. I'm confused. He seems like a good guy but since I don't know the rest of the story, I can't tell. I feel like I'm missing a lot and for that reason, I don't feel the story should have been added to this anthology.

(Like a) Virgin of the Spring by Susan Sizemore and Denise Little. Funny what-if time travel King Arthur story. Enjoyed this one a lot.

Life is the Teacher by Carrie Vaughn. New female vampire tries to acclimate to her new life while missing her old. Sad story.

Moonlight Becomes You by Linda Winstead Jones. Funny story. Claire thinks her neighbor Simon is a vampire. She's attracted to him, which she thinks is part of his unnatural vampire wiles. He ends up being something different, but it's really cute how she keeps trying to trap him in the beginning.

Dirty Magic by Kim Harrison. This was a creepy story about a banshee. At first you feel sorry for her and then you end up wondering if she was fooling you too.

Overall I liked most of these authors and was introduced to a few I enjoyed enough to read other books by them. I would recommend this book.