When He Was Bad - Cynthia Eden, Shelly Laurenston Miss Congeniality by Shelly Laurenston. Loved, loved, this story. Irene is a professor at a college Van Holtz is a wealthy contributor to who has been attracted to her for 7 years, for no good reason. He saves her one night and in order for her not to be executed "marks" her thinking, he'll just let her go on her way. She's a clueless academic who says what she thinks, so it's all extremely funny. There's this part where she meets his uncles and aunts and they ask her to play Risk. She tells them they better not because "You will lose, gentlemen. I will destroy your lands, take your women, ravish your men, and make your children my slave labor. I will own every castle, house, and farm that is within my reach. I won't be satisfied until I own all of it and you. I will destroy you gentlemen ... and I don't think you can handle it. . . . I hope you're a sobber." Loved this whole scene. And when they finally marry, her maid of honor starts ahead of her, she counts to 10 quickly and almost passed her several times. I love Irene. Such a great character. 5 stars for this story.

Wicked Ways by Cynthia Eden. Miranda goes on a date with a man she met on the internet. He's actually a vampire and is trying to kill her when her next door neighbor Cain busts in and stops him. I wanted to like this story, but it's like pieces were missing. Cain is attracted to Miranda, but it doesn't seem like a "mate" thing. However, he keeps going on about how she's his now. Even the sex scenes were a little boring. I think this is the first time I've read this author. I'm giving this story 2 stars.

I'm going to give this book 4 stars most because of Shelly Laurenston's story, which I loved.