He, She and It - Marge Piercy I guess I'm going through a robot loving stage. Shira ends an unhappy marriage but her husband not only gets custody of their son, he's allowed to live off-planet. This is a post-apocalyptic world by the way. When she sees there's nothing for her to do, she quits her corporate job (corporations have all the power now) and goes home to her domed Jewish enclave where she grew up accepting a job from a family friend. Well the job is to acclimate a cyborg named Yod. Her grandmother has inputted feelings and they end up becoming lovers. And then are tragically torn apart. There's a bittersweet ending.

I really enjoyed the book EXCEPT for the grandmother's telling a story about a golem in the 1600s to Yod online. This part was so extremely boring to me that I ended up skipping them completely. I guess they are a morality tale, but I got that through the main story and didn't need it again in the story within the story.

I'm giving this book 3.5 stars but would have given it 4 stars if the author had completely removed the golem story.