Awaken Me Darkly - Gena Showalter Mia is an alien hunter when Earth now has so many aliens living on it that they need an alien police force to punish them. A lot of times it means death with no judge or jury. The Earth officials don't want the humans to know how bad some of these aliens are so the hunters are not well liked. The book starts with a body being left with a ribbon around his penis. This leads to an alien woman named Lilla who dated the dead guy and her brother Kyrin. Kyrin, I just don't understand. They are on this Earth but if one of their own does something bad and you aren't going to go to the alien hunters wouldn't you ask your own world to help? Especially since they made a treaty with Earth?

As another reviewer stated, there is way too much punching going on. Mia is constantly punching her men, and even Kyrin, and he likes her that way, which of course I do not understand. The book was okay but I've read other reviewers that say the rest of the series is better so I'm planning on reading the rest, although they do say 4 and 5 are the best so does that mean I have to go through a few more like this one? I hope not. If I can see a light at the end of the tunnel, I can handle it, but if the rest of the books are like this one there are other books that I have that I would like to read more.