Death Magic  - Eileen Wilks Lily is back in DC with Rule, of course. She's trying to figure out how to live hopefully for a short time with the mantel and pass it on. She's also trying to use her healing arm, but there are some side effects from the mantel. Also the Humans First group is making a big stink. Ruben is still moving in slow motion from his heart attack, although he does look better and she's been assigned to work with a new commander who doesn't like her very much. I love that Rule seems to really love Lily. With the other Lily in the hell realm, it seemed like he had divided himself and this book seems to show that this Lily is the one he loves completely.

I will start off by saying I love this series. And then I will follow it with there was way too much minutiae detailing magic, books, spells, etc. Everything was discussed ad-infinitum, to the point where I was reading words and stopped digesting the dialogue. Remember, a little goes a long way, at least with me.

Even given that, the book was great. I can't wait until the next one is out and here on Goodreads it says 2012, but there's no pre-ordering going on so I'm questioning the validity of the publish date, although I'd love if it was true.