SHADOWED SOULS by JIM BUTCHER

Shadowed Souls - Jim Butcher,  Kerrie L. Hughes

Anthology. The average rating is 3.89 stars, which I'm rounding up to four. Great anthology.

1. Cold Case by Jim Butcher. Loved it. Loved Molly. The ending was so sad. I hope Molly can figure out an alternative. 5 stars.

2. Sleepover by Seanan McGuire. There was too much going on for such a short story - heartbreak, flirting, kidnapping, rescue, heartbreak - in just a few pages. I think I would have liked it better if everything wasn't so jam-packed. 3 stars.

3. If Wishes Were by Tanya Huff. I've read the first 2 books of this series and this story is 6.1 - Wow have things changed. Vicki tries to give a supernatural a break but he just takes advantage so she has to get rid of him. Good story. 4 stars

4. Solus by Anton Strout. A chirpy guy thinks he's being cute and clever when he's not. I couldn't finish this story. No rating.

5. Peacock in Hell by Kat Richardson. Peacock rescues Redmaynge from hell as directed by her necromancer/boss and then they join forces to not only survive but get rid of the man that murdered them. Good story. 3-1/2 stars.

6. Eye of Newt by Kevin J. Anderson. Couldn't get into this story. Didn't finish it. No rating.

7. What Swells Within by Lucy A. Snyder. A magical girl that has a replaced eye and hand with a ferret familiar helps a friend out and also helps herself out. Okay story. 3 stars.

8. Hunter, Healer by Jim C. Hines. A healer with a double soul has to either destroy or save someone just like her. I liked this story. 3-1/2 stars.

9. Baggage by Erin Scott de Bie. A former super villain and former super hero's past kind of catches up to her. Very good story. 4 stars.

10. Sales, Force by Kristine Kathryn Rusch. Another really good story. A woman's recent loss drives her anger. 4 stars.

11. Impossible Monsters by Rob Thurman. Fantastic story. Loved it. I have a huge cruel streak for child abusers of any kind and this was wonderful. 5 stars.