THE AWAKENING by AMANDA STEVENS

The Awakening (Graveyard Queen) by Amanda Stevens (No (2017-03-28) - Amanda Stevens (No

I was disappointed in this book. Amelia was driving me bananas with her constant second guessing, telling herself not to second guess, and then doing it anyway. And Devlin with his cryptic remarks - I just wanted to smash him in the face with my huge purse. I would have just walked away and said "Never mind asshole." But then I have a potty mouth and I get frustrated with idiots who think they're too smart.

And then the ending! What the heck! Another reviewer had said everything was wrapped up but is it? [Has the relationship changed? Has the "door" really closed? For everybody or just her? (hide spoiler)] I don't know! Will all of my complaining stop me from reading the next book, if there is a next book? No. But still 3 out of 5 stars.

I wrote the below complaints as I was reading the book. I love this series but, here are some things that drive me crazy:

1. Amelia keeps second guessing herself, even with her abilities and her feelings being proven right, every single book. Either she's really stupid or she's really stupid.

2. Amelia constantly stalking Devlin such as her morning walks taking her to his neighborhood and then not acting like any self-respecting woman and just looking forward like you didn't notice where you were walking. No, she stops and even shields her eyes to get a clearer view of his house. The word pathetic is at the front of my brain.

3. I hate cryptic comments and this book is chock full of them. Okay, say one thing cryptic and then move on but no, we have pages and pages of dialogue that is so cryptic I want to scream, "Just tell her!!". Whatever is not being said is important enough that if you keep cryptically commenting on it, then just say what the freak is up!