HEX APPEAL edited by P.N. ELROD

Hex Appeal - Simon R. Green, Carrie Vaughn, Carole Nelson Douglas, Lori Handeland, Ilona Andrews, P.N. Elrod, Erica Hayes, Rachel Caine, Jim Butcher

Anthology Average is 3 stars. There were a few I thought were pretty good, but nothing outstanding. One story I thought would be worth pursuing the series but was turned off by the blurbs. This anthology is worth reading if you want to read a series completely.

1. Retribution Clause by Ilona Andrews - This is a story about Saiman's cousin and the woman he works with. He is not at all like Saiman. Good story. 3-1/2 stars

2. Bigfoot on Campus by Jim Butcher. Skipped his story. No rating.

3. Holly’s Balm by Rachel Caine. Great story about a witch and the man she loves. Wonderful ending. 3-1/2 stars

4. Snow Job by Carole Nelson Douglas. I could not finish. When it got the parallel world and the 3rd Lilith, I was beyond confused. Usually I don't give a rating to a story/book I didn't finish but this one I almost finished so I'm giving a rating. 2 stars.

5. Outside The Box by P. N. Elrod. A platonic working couple - vampire & witch - run into trouble and lean on each other to get through it. It was an interesting story. Absolutely no romance. 3 stars.

6. How Do You Feel? by Simon R. Green. Okay, wow. I've not read this series but does it really have not just paranormal but sci-fi? This book would/could be categorized as paranormal romance, sci-fi romance, futuristic, magical and horror - it is all over the place. I'm just so confused that I'm not sure if I even like it so I'll rate it straight down the middle. 3 stars.

7. There Will Be Demons by Lori Handeland. A woman is used, and then afterwards the man who was part of this, calls their sexual experience a "nightmare" when she thought it was the beginning of love. I sometimes like when there are some misunderstandings - if she would have let him finish a sentence she would find out what really happened - just as long as it's not drawn out. So I read the blurbs for the rest of the series and realize, he's got feelings for someone else. He didn't love this poor woman at all. He honestly was using her. So, done. Not reading the rest of the series. I'll try not to let this sway my rating of before I read the blurbs, so 3-1/2 stars.

8. Cherry Kisses by Erica Hayes. A human uses cherry cola lip gloss to get over on not only vampires but anyone that gets in her way. 2-1/2 stars.

9. The Arcane Art of Misdirection by Carrie Vaughn. A blackjack dealer discovers some shenanigans and gets help from a magician at the casino to figure it out. Okay story. 3 stars.