Anthology. I didn't read them all and I skipped a couple, so my rating is based only on the stories I read. 3.2 stars average.
1. A Bird that Whistles by Emma Bull. A music mentor with something different and a life lesson (?) I liked the story. 3-1/2 stars
2. Make a Joyful Noise by Charles de Lint. Crows/goddesses try to help an old woman and her ghost son. Good story. 3-1/2 stars
3. The Goldfish Pool and Other Stories by Neil Gaiman. A writer starts with a great book idea that everybody wants but then wants to change the story once a studio wants to buy it. The writer then befriends a groundskeeper who is still in love with a movie star from the '20's. And then the writer goes home. When I finished this story, I kept waiting for there to be a point, but there wasn't. Confusing story. 2 stars
4. On the Road to new Egypt by Jeffrey Ford. A story about Jesus. Not interested.
5. Julie's Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle. Very strange story about some reunited friends (w/benefits?) and a unicorn made alive (again?) from a tapestry and then put back. Huh? I'm confused just typing this. 2 stars
6. Companions to the Moon by Charles de Lint. A girl finds out her long term boyfriend's secret and at the end even with the heartache thinks it's better knowing. I enjoyed this story so much I'm finally going to read more by this author. 3-1/2 stars
7. A Haunted House of her Own by Kelley Armstrong. A woman sees a supposed haunted house and her husband sees an opportunity. She was right after all. 3-1/2 stars
8. She's My Witch by Norman Partridge. A high school boy has his revenge with the high school freak girl to help. Pretty good story. 3-1/2 stars.
9. Kitty's Zombie New Year by Carrie Vaughn. Kitty goes to the worst New Year's party ever. 3-1/2 stars
10. Seeing Eye by Patricia Briggs. I've read this one before. I liked it. ****
11. Hit by Bruce McAllister. I don't read fiction about Jesus, Angels or God (with a Capital G). Next!
12. Boobs by Suzy McKee Charnas. A teenager turns into a werewolf and then seeks out the guy who has made her miserable. Gory, kind of sad story. 3 stars.